Champions for CASA is a membership-based group made up of individuals who are dedicated to helping abused and neglected children reach safe and permanent homes by creating awareness, raising funds, and serving as an event volunteer base for CASA of Denton County.
Champions have the flexibility and opportunity to share their energy, talents, and strengths at their own pace all while making a difference in the North Texas community. It is ideal for individuals who are not at points in their lives where becoming a child advocate is feasible but want to be engaged. Champions for CASA creates opportunities for service, generates community awareness, and empowers members to champion the CASA mission while also choosing when and how often they want to volunteer.
Opportunities for service include:
- Directly impact CASA children by hosting or coordinating back-to-school, holiday, toiletry, or birthday-in-a-box drives
- Raise public awareness about the mission and services of CASA
- Represent CASA of Denton County at community events, organizations, and with private individuals
- Act as an ambassador in the community
- Assist with the development and completion of special events
- Develop resources for CASA of Denton County by implementing fund-raising strategies through personal influence with others
- Work to secure sponsorships and/or door prizes for events
- Provide meals/snacks for training classes, CASA outreach and information sessions, and special agency receptions and dinners
- Assist CASA staff as needed with clerical tasks
Key Characteristics of a Champion:
- Heart for Children
- Dependable & Committed
- Understand Importance of Deadlines
- Team Player
- Good Communicator
Membership includes receiving CASA Connections newsletters, CASA Voice e-newsletter as well as notice of Champions for CASA volunteer opportunities. Champions are also invited to CASA special events and, most importantly, the opportunity to help children who have experienced abuse or neglect find a safe, permanent, and loving homes.